Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taking Care of the Weary

(2 Thessalonians 3:13 NASB) "But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good."

(Galatians 6:9 NASB) "And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary."

I am always amazed at the things God allows me to do. Over the years, I have sat on several boards. Some of them have been interesting while others have been a bit odd. Over the past 48 hours, I have looked at each one and found that for various reasons, it is time to resign. One or two of the positions, I may be missed. One or two of the others, my departure will only garner a brief mention.

Between Thursday and sometime next week, three resignation letters will be typed up and presented to various presidents, chairmen, or directors. One of them, I have discussed my departure with. A second board should not be surprised since I was unable to attend any of their meetings since 2009. The third board will feign admiration and move on.

I would say the one primary reason is I am tired of being weary for no apparent reason. Not from being on the boards, but for being distracted from the passion God has placed in my life. It will be interesting though, stepping off of three boards to see what door God opens next. I am glad that He knows my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment