Sunday, February 14, 2010

Area Girl Hurt in Accident

February 14, 2010

Dear Friends,

I am trying to figure out what logic to use when I am sharing prayer requests. Which ones need to go out to 500+ people and which ones to keep closer to home?

Via Facebook about 45 minutes ago, I learned that Kelsey Brown, a student at Pike Valley High School, was ejected from her pickup in accident. She has at least one broken vertebrae and some other injuries. At this moment (11:00 PM CST), she is on her way via ambulance from Belleville, KS, to Lincoln, NE, to Bryan-West Medical Center with her family following. Her mother told me that they are planning for surgery as soon as Kelsey arrives at the hospital. The good news is that she was talking with her family and wiggling her toes before the sedated her for the trip to Lincoln.

I have prayed with her mother, Dawn, and spoke with her brother, Alex. They both requested that I send out this prayer request. If you use Facebook, the link for a prayer group for Kelsey is at the end of this email. I have also included her brother’s email address, so you can let the family know that you are praying for them if you are not a Facebook user.

Updates on previous requests:

Jacqui Grim, YWAM-Ethiopia: I just spoke with her father Kirk. She is still running a fever and is in some pain. At the moment, she is not hospitalized but is waiting to see the doctor again. Please keep praying for her. One nice note is that I have two friends (hometown – Minneapolis, KS) in Addis Ababa who have been in touch with Jacqui’s parents via email. (How about that for a small world?)

Jim Douglass: I don’t have an update about Jim today. I did see him on the 13th. An x-ray earlier in that day indicated pneumonia in both lungs. When I saw him, he was watching the K-State basketball game with his sons and resting well.

Pray for me as I have a busy week of ministry. I will be in Topeka on Tuesday to minister at KJCC. On Wednesday, I will be speaking to a youth group in Belleville on false religions. Saturday is the TFC Rally with Eternity Focus. Throw in some hospital visits, research, reading, correspondence and other items and you can say that I will be rather occupied.

Thank you for your time. Please notify your church’s prayer chain about Kelsey Brown. Remember to click on the links below.

Thank you for lifting these requests up to the Lord! Take care and God Bless You.

Yours For Youth!

Kent

Kelsey Brown’s Facebook Prayer Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=308322529924&ref=mf#!/group.php?gid=308322529924

Alex Brown’s email address: bballbrownie34@yahoo.com

Eternity Focus Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212902066841&index=1

No comments:

Post a Comment