Monday, February 15, 2010

Thoughts Behind Reading

Former Miltonvale friend, Cara, asked these questions on her Facebook. I thought I would share my answers here. Nothing major, just a simple little exercise on books and reading.

What is your relationship with books?

Hardly a day goes by that I don’t sit down and read from one of the two or three books that I am going through. At the moment, that includes the Bible which I keep in my car with one other primary book to read.

Do you read books (why or why not)?

Personal growth and enjoyment, reading is cheap and keeps my mind sharp. When I am reading challenging books on a daily basis, I find myself more creative. The emphasis is on challenging though.

How do you choose the books you read?

I subscribe to WORLD Magazine and they are always reviewing books. If I see something that catches my eye, I go to Amazon.com or CBD.com and put it on my wish list for the next round of ordering. I also pay attention to what two or three close friends are reading.

What books are transformative for you?

Of course the Bible, then history books and other theological works are always demanding my attention. Toss in a good techno-thriller or spy novel and I am a happy reader.

Would you read more books if you knew about recommended titles?

That doesn’t really apply to me. I read what I like and am always working on a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment