Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Post

Several years ago, I set up a blogger account and nothing ever was added to it. Today, I was reading Mark Batterson's "Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity" as I was having tea at Subway here in Concordia. A challenge that Batterson laid down was to journal or blog. What will I do from here? I don't really know.

It appears that 2010 will be my year for reading. That isn't really new for me, reading is always a major part of my life and ministry. This year, though, reading will be amped up to a new level.

One new item on my reading agenda is going through the Bible. At the moment, I have a copy of the Holman Christian Standard Bible and I am reading it through for what I call "funzies". At the moment, I am in Numbers. I have had this translation laying around the house for the past six months and decided to put it to use even though I am a New American Standard guy with the King James near by. When I am done with the HCS, I will read through the English Standard Version.

I know that this is not an exciting first post. At least it is a post. More later.

1 comment: